Monday 4 February 2013

Huhng Himself out to Dry

The farce that is Chris Huhne's resignation is probably about a year too late. The fact that it took until the actual court date to change his plea to 'Guilty' is a disgrace to himself, his wife and his profession. What is remarkably odious is that he tried to get the case dismissed several times on a technicality when he knew full well he was guilty.

I actually don't think the original offence is that bad. Hell, I've paid the fine when I was a kid and my mum picked up the points. But had I been called out on it I would have stood tall. Huhn's lying, inveigling, and obfuscation since the affair went public has on balance been the worse crime. The Libdems will unfairly now be tarnished (one could argue how much more bare metal to tarnish is left) by this affair by association.

No comments:

Post a Comment